KASBAH was founded back in 1966 by a group of parents who wanted support and guidance to get the best possible outcomes for their children with Spina Bifida and/or Hydrocephalus. This is where we started but we soon grew and wanted to help as many people as we could with our wide range of skills, knowledge, and resources therefore services are open to any disabled person and their Carer and/or family in the County of Kent.
We offer three types of services; free information, advice and guidance is available via:
- The Advisor Service which offers a wealth of information, support and empowerment on all topics relating to disabilities
- And DIAL, this is a volunteer led service which provides specialist advice on disabilities and maximising benefits
- A social drop in/community base in offered from our charity shop which is managed by our service users and dedicated volunteers
KASBAH also specialises in supported housing, this includes day training opportunities, residential placements and outreach in the community:
- We currently have six supported living sites in North West Kent and Medway
- We target young disabled people in transition from education, the family home and those ready to move on to greater levels of independence
- Day service opportunities are available at three in-house sites and off-site at Northfleet Central every Friday
- The outreach service works in partnership with the support strategies and processes we use in the houses to help with consistency when people move on into the community
We also provide children services which utilises play and activity to develop independent living skills:
- Short Breaks run from the Millennium Hall, Rainham, one Saturday a month for young people aged 14+
We are a flexible and innovative organisation that work hard to be truly person centred and make a difference to people’s lives and aspirations.
You can contact us on the following details:
Tel: 01474 536501
7 The Hive, Northfleet, Kent DA11 9DE